Introducing Ricky Flanagan, The Man Helping Many of Glasgow’s Top Boxers Achieve Success
Ricky Flanagan along with his partner Gillian Henderson are the owners and operators of the best Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy Clinic in the Glasgow area. There success has been taken note of, as many of the regions top prospects and established pros have team up with the Uddingston based outfit.
Flanagan’s most notable client is former British, Commonwealth and WBU World Champion Willie Limond, who has noticed a notable difference since linking up with the North Lanarkshire based setup.
“I have been around boxing my whole life and have met the likes of Willie over the years. Willie came to me a couple of months back as he had a little niggle that he had carried for years. We put him on a course and in time that long term little injury had gone and that showed in his last fight. It’s nice to know we helped Willie put on a devastating performance and we hope that Willie will be a British if not World Champion again in the future.”
The setup in Uddingston is hard to match as Ricky and Gillian have amassed a collection of six physiotherapists, three personal trainers and a Pilates instructor. It is great knowing that we have everything under one roof. If someone comes in injured we can deal with the injury, rehab them correctly and then improve them overall. Uddingston Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation can really be described as a one stop shop.
The centre based just outside Glasgow is instrumental in helping many of the regions emerging talent as well as the established ones such as Light Welterweight Limond. Flanagan in instrumental with the likes of Gary Murray, Michael McGurk, Barry Craig, Kieran Smith and Ross Henderson. Flanagan and partner Gillian really enjoy helping the boxers reach their goals in the hard industry that is boxing.
“We like to help the boxers as we know how hard boxing is. We helped Ross Henderson get ready for his pro debut and we have been helping many young fighters in the local area including the highly rated Kieran Smith. All the fighters have specific issues and we treat everyone to their individual needs. We aim to keep all the boxers injury free throughout their training camps to make sure they are at their best on fight night. We have done a lot of good work with Kieran Smith and it is great to help him as I believe he has the ability to go all the way.”
It was a delight to spend the afternoon at Uddingston Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation and after sampling their range of treatments for specific issues, on a personal note I could not recommend the place highly enough. It is good to see a company such as Uddingston Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation giving back to the local boxers coming through and without a doubt help them on their individual journey’s in the boxing world.
Uddingston Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation is located on 145 Main Street, Glasgow, G71 7EN. You can see more about the clinic by following the link below.
- Introducing David Cross’ JDC Promotions - May 9, 2016
- From Terrace Life to Under the Lights – Introducing City’s Carl Moran - February 12, 2016
- Introducing Ricky Flanagan, The Man Helping Many of Glasgow’s Top Boxers Achieve Success - February 12, 2016
- Introducing the man behind the mind of Champions, Stuart How - February 10, 2016
- Michael Gomez back in boxing alongside Manchester based AMT Sports Management - February 8, 2016
- Wythenshawe’s Kofi Yates begins the road to a Lightweight on MGM Manchester’s show on February 20th at Preston’s Guild Hall. - February 1, 2016
- Preview for first Lock Stock Promotions show of 2016 - January 29, 2016
- Lewis Ritson talks upcoming WBC Youth title challenge - January 26, 2016
- Promoter and Trainer Roye speaks ahead of 20/02 MGM Manchester show in Preston - January 22, 2016
- Glasgow’s Marc Kerr has fourth pro outing on Jan 28th - January 22, 2016